Imagine feeling deeply centred and calm. With your entire being – mind, body and spirit - feeling in radiant alignment. If these sensations are not something that you are familiar with or you have lost touch with your blissful state, then sit back and relax! It is all within your reach.
Allow me to introduce you to Thai Yoga Therapy (Thai Yoga Massage). This is a 2,500-year-old healing arts system deeply rooted in Ayurvedic medicine. Thai Yoga Therapy combines soft rocking, gentle twisting, rhythmic acupressure, energy work, meditation and deep assisted yoga postures into a flowing sequence to open and tone all the systems of the body.
Thai Yoga Therapy is so powerfully effective due to its ability to impact on the physical, emotional, energetic and spiritual levels simultaneously. It is a full-body treatment that works from your feet to your head. All of the acupressure and massage techniques used act directly on your Sen lines (Meridians), which are connected to the major energy hubs (chakras) in your body.
- Assists detoxification of the body
- Boosts the immune system functions
- Balances the endocrine system
- Prevents illnesses and alleviates degenerative diseases
- Increases blood & lymph circulation
- Deepens breathing in turn oxygenating the body
- Lowers blood pressure
- Encourages relaxation, flexibility, mobility and suppleness in your muscles
- Improves posture, corrects body alignments and balance
- Tones the body
- Enhances athletic performance
- Dissipates energy blockages
- Eases arthritic pain, lubricates the joints and it is a preventive measure
- Strengthens joints and helps to relieve chronic joint problems
- Heals backache, soreness and stiffness
- Increases vital energy
- Builds stamina
- Brings all of the systems of the body into balance
- Hinders the ageing process
- Releases stress and tension
- Creates a positive outlook towards life
- Centres and calms your mind
- Provides mental clarity
- Improves concentration, productivity, and creativity
- Creates emotional balance
- Releases and relieves stress and anxiety
- Heightens inner energy levels and radiance
- Cultivates discipline and self-control
- Fosters inner vitality.
- Establishes a natural confidence and aura of well-being
- Enhances meditation
- Awakens compassion and loving kindness (towards self and others)
- Deepens the connection between body, mind, and spirit
- Stimulates the sense of wellness, happiness and harmony of Being
- Attunes the chakras of the body
The list could go on! Thai Yoga Therapy is a powerful healing art that meticulously reaches the far depths of every nook and cranny in and out of your body. If you are prepared to feel your inner-bright shine then book an appointment today!How is Thai Yoga Therapy given?
Thai Yoga Therapy is done fully clothed on a soft mat placed on the floor. The receiver is totally passive as the practitioner sensitively manipulates the body. Traditionally a session begins with the receiver laying on his/her back with the work being done on the front of the body, then side position, followed by back of the body (laying on belly) and is finished with seated poses, stretches and twists. During a session the practitioner will use his/her hands, elbows, feet and knees for giving the massage and/or stretches.
What should I wear?
Comfortable clothing is essential for a Thai Yoga Therapy session! Loose bottoms that allow maximum range of motion in legs, hips, and abdomen and a fitted top are usually appropriate. Your feet are bare, but it is always handy to have a pair of socks in case your feet get cold. Something to remember is that as your body relaxes your body temperature will naturally lower.
I am pregnant. Can I still benefit from and enjoy Thai Yoga Therapy?
Yes! There are some modifications that will need to be made. On a whole a pregnant body can obtain huge benefits from Thai Yoga Therapy. It can even help to alleviate morning sickness, irritability, exhaustion and other pregnancy related challenges. *If you suspect you are pregnant or have been trying to conceive it is very important to inform your practitioner.
What is your training / background in Thai Yoga Therapy?
I received a certificate in Thai Yoga Therapy from Saul David Raye in 2000. Since then I have worked on hundreds of people - men and women of all different shapes, sizes, heights and weights.
How long is a Thai Yoga Therapy session?
This can vary. However, first time clients are urged to book in for 1.5 – 2 hours to receive the full benefit of the session. After this initial session a shorter appointment can be booked for 1 hour.
How often should I book in for Thai Yoga Therapy?
Again this can vary. It depends on if you are working to heal a specific challenge or if you are using it as a preventative measure. After your first appointment we can discuss a suitable programme. However generally speaking once a month will do wonders for your well-being and health.
Where do your practice Thai Yoga Therapy?
I have a mobile service. I work from my clients' homes. You will need to provide a sheet, a couple pillows / cushions, and a small throw blanket. I'll bring a special mat and my magic hands!
Are you ready to feel harmonized?
Book your appointment now!